Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another interview

Actually this was an online interview..I did sent an e-mail to this one Malaysia local artist name Atilia Haron..She is quite popular now in Malaysia as a Jazz Artist..I never thought that she will reply my e-mail after a few days sending it..I think i'm lucky enough to get some feedback from someone who's already has lots of experience in music industry..I went to see her performed at Sepang Circuit during Jamiroquai concert and her performance was absolutely great on that night.Below are her answer for the interview.

*picture from Google*

1. Can you describe briefly about yourself and your experience in music industry?
My name is Atilia and I produce, sing and act. I have been surrounded by music ever since I can remember.

My grandmother sang when she was younger but never had the opportunity to pursue her dreams. I guess it was not the era where a lady was to be seen exposing her talents in public.

My mother, Salamiah Hassan, was a strong influence in my musical life. I used to observe her rehearsing at home and tagged along to watch her perform when I was little. That was first real exposure on how it was like to be a performer. An artist. Someone who was passionate and certain of what she wanted. My mother was my drive that created my ambition to become a performer.

After completing my education I worked with several sound and music related positions. I was with Music Authors’ Copyright Protection (MACP) Berhad, a body that is responsible of all matters of copyright protection and royalty collection for songwriters and lyricist. I then moved on to join an audio production house in KL. During this period I observed the development and production of what audio design is all about. Sounds were created and designed for commercials, tv and film. This was also the period where I bloomed as a voice for many commercials in Malaysia.

During my work there was when I had decided and was more confident to pursue my career in music.

2. What's your opinion about Sound Therapy?
Sound affects us all emotionally. From the sound of the rain to the sound of music that you like. Sound affects our psyche on how we would like our emotions to react, sometimes.

3. Which kind of sound that you prefer the most as a therapy?
The sound of nature. Even the sound of Gamelan, I find therapeutic as it has certain hypnotic and calming affects.

4. In your opinion, does Therapeutic Sound (Sound Therapy) help you/people to provoke your/their emotions?
Most definitely. That is why if you attend gym training - in order to get you in the mood to have an aggressive workout - pumping music is usually favoured.
As for myself, I am active in Yoga and when you do Yoga - certain calming music and tempo assists you in your exercises. It pushes you to a level that may be beyond your own capability if you did it without sound or music. Sound definitely arouse your emotions. You listen to certain music or song and it would definitely trigger and image of what that song or music relates to. A happy moment. A sad experience. It goes on.

5. Do you agree if i said spoken prayers, spiritual songs & music, mantras and so on can be listed as Sound Therapy?
Absolutely. It provides a calming effect and makes it easier for you to reach that spiritual plane. Berzikir for Muslims does that. Mantras and chants by Buddhists and Hindus allows spiritual and calming emotions to develop. It is definitely therapy. Different types of sound, music, song, chants assists your life in how you would like your emotions to react.

Atilia

Sincerely,
ALIA

No comments:

Post a Comment